Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Embedded (Included) Questions. Choose, then check your answer.

Henri Rousseau, "The Football Players"



















1. Could you tell me how much ____________ ?
costs this suit
does this suit cost
this suit costs
does cost this suit

2. Do you have any idea how long _________ out?
had they been going
they had been going
did they go
were they going

3. Do you know why ___________ closing early today?
is the store
does the store be
will the store be
the store is

4. How much money __________ last month?
we spent
spent we
did we spend
did we spent

5. I'd like to know what ________________.
does that word mean
that word means
that word does mean
does mean that word

6. Do you know if __________________ ?
are classes held on Sunday
classes are held on Sunday
classes holding on Sunday
are classes holding on Sunday

7. Steven can't remember ____________ last weekend.
what did he do
what he did
what was he doing
what had he done

8. I don't know _____________ promoted or not.
if will I be
whether I will be
what I be will
if I will can

9. I don't know _______________ junk food or not.
if quit she eating
what she quit to eat
if she quit eating
whether did she quit eating

10. My secretary doesn't remember _____________ a copy of the letter.
if he gave me
did he give me
when did he give me
whether did he give me

11.
A: What is our new neighbor's name?
B: I'm sorry. I don't remember ______________ .
what is his name
what his name is
what's is his name
whether his name is

12. Joan can't remember _____________ her new gloves.
where did she put
whether did she put
where she put
if she put

13. The patient doesn't remember when _________________ .
is his appointment
his appointment is
does he have an appointment
if he has an appointment

14. Could you tell me ___________ ?
who is responsible for cleaning the lab
who responsible for cleaning the lab is
who for the lab responsible is cleaning
whose responsibility for the cleaning lab

15. I'm sorry. I don't know _____________.
where is the bank
where the bank is
where has the bank
where the bank

Embedded question practice from English Zone






3 comments:

  1. These are proving to be the best reminders for the students and its also helping them to refresh up their sentence and grammar. So, indeed a better thing to be followed.

    ReplyDelete