"The History of the Theater"
by David Alfaro Sigueiros, 1963
Use the gerund, gerund phrase, preposition plus gerund, or the infinitive to fill the blanks in these sentences.
1. Jerry is interested
2. They don't enjoy
3. She wants at the Candle Company.
4. The students are very excited from "Planet Earth."
5. Maria appreciated when she was in the hospital.
6. The Newmans decided instead to Canada for their vacation.
7. Personally, I can't stand a lot of junk mail in my mailbox.
8. On Halloween, my son pretended He painted himself blue. He was very convincing.
9. In order to make progress, you should keep
10. Tomasa is thinking next semester.
11. Four employees are responsible , cleaning up, and locking the store.
12. The workers are concerned dangerous chemicals.
13. She looks forward from the university.
14. We're all very tired for so little money.
15. The boss was in a bad mood, so we didn't dare about the bad working conditions.
16. He was nice enough to admit when he backed into the parking place.
17. We're planning for our vacation.
18. The heavy rain prevented us at the outdoor market.
20. I don't like waiting in traffic. That's why I avoid whenever possible.
21. The students are accustomed every day.
22, It is appropriate for customers to insist
23. I don't like mountain climbing because I'm afraid
24. You definitely shouldn't postpone if you're over fifty.
25. They continued even after their divorce.
26. Tazuko isn't used It sometimes gives him a stomachache.
27. Would you mind It's very stuffy in this room.
28. We haven't finished yet. Please, come back in a five or ten minutes.
29. The children are very interested astronomy.
30. Don't forget to thank the cooks