Thursday, October 14, 2010

Comparative Practice. Write the correct word.
Check your answer by looking at the
drop down menu.

"Snow Covered Road" Claude Monet, 1867














1. I eat too many hamburgers. I should eat food. (healthy)

2. He should study harder and he should get grades in school. (good)

3. Most dogs are much than cats. (friendly)

4. I disagree. My cat is as as your dog. (friendly)

5. My parents say I should wear clothes. (nice)

6. Used cars are definitely new cars. (cheap)

7. There is one problem with used cars. They aren't as new ones. (reliable)

8. In the winter, New York is certainly San Francisco. (cold)

9. But, in the summer, I feel that San Francisco isn't New York. (warm)

10. My cousin is than my uncle. (energetic)

11. My aunts than my parents. (generous)

12. Our neighbor's furniture is more our furniture.(comfortable)

13. You should vote for Millie Parker. She's than Bob Green. (honest)

14. Maria is Pedro. (tall)

15. Pedro isn't Maria. (tall)

16. Uncle Edward is Uncle Albert. (intelligent)

17. However, Uncle Edward as Uncle Albert. (rich)

18. Raw vegetables than cooked vegetables. (delicious)

19. Judy's pet bird is Sally's pet bird. (beautiful)

20. My father's feet are mine. (large)

21. Today is hot. Yesterday was also hot. Today is yesterday. (hot)

22. Henry's new girlfriend is his ex-wife. (thin)

23. But, in my opinion, his new girlfriend isn't as his ex-wife. (interesting)

24. My brother's suitcase is mine. (light)

25. My suitcase is a lot his. (heavy)

26. Your pet crocodile is he was before. What have you been feeding him? (fat)

27. You live in San Francisco, but I live in Daly City. I live you from school. (far)

28. Steve can't come to school today. His cold is it was yesterday. (bad)

29. We cleaned our apartment today. Yesterday, our apartment was . (dirty)

30. Try Mario's Restaurant. It's as Pierre's Restaurant. (fancy)

31. Also, the food at Mario's Restaurant isn't as the food at Pierre's Restaurant.(expensive)

32. I'm glad Ted moved next door. He's a lot Peter, who used to live there. (quiet)

33. My computer is Jennifer's computer. (powerful)

35. I think you'll like my new watch. It's much my old one. (accurate)

36. Peggy isn't as talented as Ginger. You're right. Peggy is than Ginger. (talented)

37. This car is cheaper than that one. You're right. This car is than that one. (expensive)

38. There's an American saying that goes, "The grass next door is always mine." (green)

39. There's a famous saying that goes, "It is to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all." (good)

40. Toronto isn't as Mexico City. (noisy)

41. You're right. Mexico City is Toronto. (noisy)

42. Roger's apartment is Bill's apartment, but it isn't as nice. (big)

43. I think we should hire Mrs. Wilson. She's than Mr. Brown.(polite)

44. I don't know. Mrs. Wilson isn't as Ms. Jackson. We should hire Ms. Jackson. (capable)

45. Ms. Jackson is definitely than Mrs. Wilson. Don't you agree? (talkative)

46. These ties are than the ties I usually buy. (attractive)

47. I like this shampoo. It makes my hair than it was before. (soft, shiny)

48. I like this novel. It's that author's last novel. (exciting)

49. Starbuck's coffee isn't Martha and Brothers coffee. (good)

50. This exercise is longer and the other exercises. (difficult)





4 comments:

  1. What I Write here !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the firm opinions and the ideas for the students to improve their English grammar and also to produce more effective thoughts in this regard. correct paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very nice exercise

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice exercise

    ReplyDelete